4 November 2009

Let's kick start this thing with some whoring gabba.

I've been pissing about now trying to set up some sort of proper theme/style/manifesto or whatever for this here Christmas music blog and it's gone pretty much nowhere so I'm just going to get on with it and post loads of the albums and songs that have inspired me to start in the first place. Any ideas of how I can make it look or even help with such things would be gladdy appropriated.

Item #1 The Centrifuge Christmas Collection
A bit of IDM, Gabba, Acid to kick things off.


Can't quite remember how I came across this but I think I was just looking up The Centrifuge after I saw they were playing a gig near me with DJ Scotch Egg amoung others. If you know who DJ Scotch Egg and appreicate Christmas music then this is probably a good place for you to start. For it to be the start of this blog just happen to be that I'm listening to it right now and not for the first time but it's fitting. Firstly it's different, "The Centrifuge is a UK-based digital arts collective pushing back the boundaries in experimental electronic music, code, AV, interactivity & augmented reality, art and their myriad combination."1 Their Net-label of cause focuses mainly on the electronic music with, at the time of writting 34 release. While I haven't found time to give the other release a good listen, this compilation has given me good reason to believe there's worth checking out. Secondly, it's released on a Creative Commons licence (Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 to be precise). It was through Christmas music that I discovered net-labels and Creative commons, which in simple terms are way that artist legally share there wares somewhere between Copyright and losing it to the world. Any way read up on these things or even just watch a video about them. In all it means that there ain't now way posting the music on line will get me in trouble, not that I'm looking to me getting cease and desist orders but who knows.

Right to the album:
You can download it here or here with it all nicely tagged.

Track Listing
1. Myoptik - We Three Kings Of Orient Are
2. Oxynucid - Watmm Wedding (xmasmix)
3. Mark Swift - The Midwinter's Swift
4. Communicon - It Thinks Its People
5. Chaotic Sadism (Sadistician vs Captain Chaos) - Whoring Gabba Is Sexy At Xmash
6. LJ Kruzer - The First Nowell
7. Manglebot - Rocking Around The Xmas Tree
8. Oxynucid - Vienna (boxmix)
9. abscissa - Cyberhymnal (Theme Of David's Lament)

You'll learn just as much as me from reading the links to the artists Last.FM profiles all I can say is that the style here are varied, from the almost cheesy The First Nowell to the gabba of Whoring Gabba Is Sexy At Xmash. Down load it and give it a listen, it's free and you may like it. Yeah I'm not in much of a reviewing mood at the moment hence the slowness to get this blog going.

The Centrifuge | Last.FM | Discogs |

No comments:

Post a Comment